Online forms

If you have problems using our online forms please try again later. more »

Choose the right NHS non-emergency service

Seasonal coughs and colds are very common during the winter period.

Get prepared now and ask your chemist what medicines should be in your medicine cabinet - give them a call or contact them online before going in person. You can also get medicines delivered or ask someone to collect them for you.

Need help?

For help and advice your first point of call should be 111.NHS.UK.

You can also call 111 and a fully-trained advisor will help you.

Below is a list of examples of conditions you might struggle with over winter and what you should go for help:

  • Self-care : hangover, grazed knee, sore throat, tickly cough
  • Pharmacist: diarrhoea, runny nose, painful cough, headache
  • GP (Doctor): vomiting, ear pain, back ache. See more information below.

Accident and Emergency services continue to be really busy, it is really important that you only use A&E when you are faced with a limb or life-threatening emergency.

When to contact your GP

If you feel that you are unable to manage your condition, and over the counter medicines from your pharmacy are not helping, you may need to contact your GP. You should also contact your GP if you have any unexplained changes to your body, including but not limited to:

  • lumps in your breast(s)
  • changes in bowel movements
  • blood in your pee or poo
  • unexplained changes in weight
  • noticeable changes in a mole
  • a cough lasting 3 weeks or more

To keep everyone safe, your initial appointment may be over the phone or by video call. If your GP needs to see you face to face they will invite you to come in, if you feel safe doing so.