Make a complaint about Bradford Council

How to make a complaint about Bradford Council

We welcome feedback on the services we deliver to you.

If you want to report an issue such as bins not being emptied, fly tipping, street light not working, highway issues or need information from us or want to apply or pay for a service please visit our contact us now page

If you want to make a complaint about a noise nuisance or find out about food safety, pollution and air quality, nuisance bonfires, littering and dog fouling fixed penalties, pest control please visit our environmental health and pollution page.

If you want to object to a planning application please visit our comment on or object to a planning application page

If you want to appeal against a PCN please visit our pay your parking penalty or bus lane penalty page.

For complaints relating to Adults Services please see visit our make a compliment and complaint about adult social care page.

For complaints relating to Children's Social Care please contact Bradford Children and Families Trust.

What to do if you want to complain

In the first instance, talk to the member of staff, team or service involved and let them know what you're unhappy with and the reasons why. We may be able to resolve the problem there and then.

If you don't want to talk to the team or staff member you usually deal with or have had contact with, you can ask to speak to or write to a manager.

If you have done this or you’re still not satisfied you can complain to the Corporate Complaints team.

You can do this by completing the online complaints form:

Make a complaint about Bradford Council now

Contacting us by telephone on 01274 432111

Writing to us at FREEPOST BRADFORD COUNCIL (Please write "Corporate Complaints Team" on the back of the envelope).

If you need help in person to make a complaint you can do so at one of our Customer Service Centres in Bradford or Keighley.

If you are blind, visually impaired, deaf or have hearing loss and need help to make a complaint please contact our Sensory Needs Service on 01274 435001 or visit them at Sensory Needs Service, Morley Street Resource Centre, 124 Morley Street, Bradford, BD7 1BB.

If you need us to make changes to the way we communicate with you or make adjustments to enable you to access our service, please let us know.

What happens next

We will assess your complaint and ask a manager within the service responsible to investigate and respond to you within 20 working days. This is a stage one complaint.

If after you’ve received this response you are not satisfied as to how your complaint has been dealt with you can request that your complaint is looked at independently by a member of staff within the Corporate Complaints Team. This is a stage 2 complaint and you will receive a response within 65 days.

If you then still remain unsatisfied you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman;

The contact details for the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman are:

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Telephone: 0300 061 0614

There are certain issues that we cannot investigate through the complaints procedure. For full details please see the complaints policy and procedure.

My complaint is about an elected Member

There is a separate complaints procedure (PDF) for the conduct of elected Members (also known as Councillors).

All members are subject to the Members’ Code of Conduct (PDF).

Make a complaint about an elected member now (Word document)